Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me."

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why did it take 50 years?

What an amazing day I had! I was "killed" by a ping-pong ball, danced like a fool, practiced marching on the rough dirt streets for over two hours, used power tools in a third world countrty, and had "Happy Birthday" sung to me by about 50 or so beautiful Peruvian children! The highlight of the day was being a part of the VBS and seeing the Love of God when you look at the children. There is such joy in the faces of the people here, people who have nothing, you can't help but wonder what is it we are missing in our lives at home. God is pushing me to see the world more like he does. This was truly a birthday I will never forget!

Tristan Anderson

2 comments:

  1. Tristan,
    Your post gave me chills and OH how I know the feeling! Having spent my last 3 birthdays serving in Jamaica, I know that words cannot express how it feels for your special day to be spent during the time that God is grabbaing a hold of your life and revealing things to you in a way that renders you to never be the same! He is certainly using those sweet little faces to teach about true contentment, simplicity and so much more.
    Continue to soak it all up Tristan!
    Your friend,
    Laci Thurn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day! My mom is there and her bday is the 13th. Maybe they can sing again?
    Be safe everybody!
    Haley Alexander

    ReplyDelete