Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me."

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This trip has brought me more than joy.more than excitement.more than change..more than what I would have expected and I do not regret any one minute in Peru.

I went into this mission trip as a leap of faith waiting for God to move mountains in me, and I have only fallen harder for Him. I have not only seen joy and Christ's love in the Peruvian children, but in those who I have been surrounded with since 4am on Saturday morning. The thirty four other people on this team have suprised me in their countinous love and joy for one another :)

By the Peruvians time telling skills, one I would fit quiet well in with, I have seen so much joy I would easily skip over at home. Overlooking dailing moments and memories can be such a bummer...yet when you take the time to soak in and enjoy everything that happens, something amazing occurs. You stop overloking and see every moment for what it is worth. :) This lifestyle has forced me to realize the importance of slowing down and has allowed me to take the time to notice details and notice the amazingness in simplicity.

As I was measuring piping for the plumbing and putting it together like a jigsaw puzzle with Shelby today I realized how much I was smiling. :) I was not smiling because I am in Peru for the first time or because piping is just that exciting. I was smiling because I was loving this moment and taking in everything that was only happening then. Not what was to come. I slowed down enough to listen and to learn. By living in the moment and not rushing to the text task at hand I was able to stop and really invest time into those around me...it was so worth it!

So then later on tonight this kinda crazy girl..I mean super amazing bunkmate..Erin "Poop Digger" Bales :) and I came up with a few words to describe our experience so far.

Dumbfounding / Da Bomb!
Endless amounts of energy from the Peruvian children
Laughter..lots of it :)
Insightful converations...and stories
Gaining knowledge about plumbing and God! :)
Humbling.
Transforming our hearts
Fulfilling our souls
Unique team-members
Love <3

...

Change in our hearts = better :)
Omnipresent God.wow :)
New friends..and sisters..
Trasparent lives
AH - MAZING!!!!!!!
Giving our all
Exactly where were supposed to be
One step at a time..one God all the time
Unbelievable food..we love those Pb&Js ;)
Stretching our faith

Jeremiah 29:11
Outpouring of the spirit.
You.me.us.together :)

Waking up in 5 hours four our next adventure..can't wait to be a light for Christ in these dim and dark places! Muchas gracias for the comments on the blog and for all the prayers coming our way. Your joy and trust in God is more than we could ever ask for while in Peru.

Love you all!!
Have a muy bien day :)
Megan:)

P.S. Incase you haven't heard yet..Mary is ok after her fall and was dancing again today at VBS. Everyone is healthy and we couldn't ask for more :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan, I wrote you a message on my phone today, but I was in the basement and it wouldn't go through! Oh well, I'll try to recreate what I said...
    I'm so very happy that you and all the other 34 team members are able to be the eyes, ears, hands. feet and the heart of our Loving God. I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the wonderful stories about how God has touched each and every one of you. And know that, because you're being touched and sharing, it's making a huge difference to all of us following along with the blog.
    God Bless All of You!!
    Tell Beth and Anna, Peggy and Liz I said Hello!! and that my heart is right there with you...

    ReplyDelete