Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me."

Sunday, June 6, 2010

This morning we went to a local church, which was an amazing experience. As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted with hugs. Everyone got out of their seat to come greet us and made us feel very welcome. Even though we don't speak their language, I still knew the love of Christ was flowing from their hearts. This really encouraged me to be more welcoming at church, so that everyone who enters the doors knows they are loved. I also really enjoyed the worship. Right when they started singing the first song, I could feel the Holy Spirit and it was so neat to know that we were all worshiping the same God together.

After church we went to Pucusana to eat lunch and to see the ocean. We climbed a very steep hill to reach the top where we could see the ocean. It was breathtaking. Climbing the hill was hard and I was afraid I was going to fall, but it was so worth it when we saw the ocean. It reminded me of our journey with Christ. Sometimes we have to go through hard times, but it is so worth it when we see God's beautiful plan for our lives.

We also sorted donations today which was the first time our team worked together. It was neat to see everyone working hard together and we got finished very quickly. I look forward to a great week with a great team! Thank you to everyone back home who is praying for us!

Shelby Malick

1 comment:

  1. shelby, thanks for sharing. have a great week everyone. I will be praying for you all. hugs some kids for me. I would love to be Peru!

    ReplyDelete