Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me."

Sunday, June 6, 2010

First day in Peru!

This was a full day. We walked to a local church where were each greeted by the pastor at the door while the service was going on. It was amazing how he incorporated strangers from Missouri in the service. He asked the leaders and translators to come to the front and he prayed for them. He picked several from our group to come up and share. He asked us to go hung someone that needed a hug. The people were so lovely and happy to see us. It was so cool!

After church we went to a local fishing village on the ocean and had an authentic Peruvian meal, complete with rice and fries. We sat outside with a view of the ocean that came through a small passage in the hill. We climbed the hill to view the ocean. It was so beautiful!

We came back to sort all the donations and supplies. Tomorrow is our first day of "work". I am ready get busy!

Dana Holt

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I'm so glad to know you made it there safe. Sounds like it's an experience of a life time! Make sure to take lots of pictures! I love you more!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete