Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me."

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Climb

This afternoon we learned how important it is to choose the right path. After lunch, many of us decided to climb a hill that overlooks the ocean. I say hill, but in our opinion it was closer to a small mountain. We were faced with two paths up the hill, one was very steep, but was a more direct route. The second path was longer and appeared to be the easier route. We talked with people who had climbed the "mountain" and listened to their opinions on which route to take. After some deliberation, we decided to take the longer, safer route.

As we began our climb, we were on very sandy ground. It was difficult and we started second guessing our decision. We continued on, and were soon on more stable ground. While the ground was more stable, it was also steeper. We quickly began relying on our group--both in their words of encouragement as well as the path they were taking. Once we reached the top, the struggles were definitely worth it. This climb reminded us that without Christ and the help of others, we're on sandy ground.

Beth and Anna Tabler

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see all your smiling faces! I know climbing a mountain can be a trial, but you're so right...the mountain top is a great place to be!
    Dad and I are praying for you all....sending our love...Hope tomorrow is a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the two of you could experience your first mission trip together "In Christ"!! Could you do Jeff and I and Taylor a Big fav and give Caleb a big hug and tell him we miss him and couldn't be more proud of him!!! Tell him if he doesn't blog he will be grounded from Kramer when he gets home--lol Seriously, Tell everybody we said Hi and give them a big hug from the Batson's!!!

    ReplyDelete