Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me."

Sunday, June 6, 2010

my heart is smiling!




...today has been an incredible day! We had about 5 hours of sleep then hit the ground running...we had the opportunity to walk to church today..taking in the sights of the neighborhood we are living in. We were able to worship in a Peruvian Church with a congregation full of amazing people whose Love of God and Love for God was pouring out of their hearts full of worship.

Pastor George spent over an hour bringing several of our team up to the front, and asked us to share our simple story. What would be blank stares...were faces of smiles jumping up at the opportunity...one lady even said tonight "had Joey Butler asked me to do that, I would of passed out...yet I wanted so much to be a part of the joy that was in this place!" (So there you go Joey...you have a team full of people to call on now!) Tristan Anderson even had the BEST Birthday early ever...Tristan and James were prayed over and greeted by the entire church...all because Tristan is turning 50 Tuesday!

There are many incredible stories that came from our team time tonight....I love to sit back and hear how God is moving in hearts and light bulbs are going off...and its only day 1~~~WOOHOO!!!

Our hearts are full...our mission lies ahead...this is one incredible team!

Tomorrow starts our service opportunities...and we can hardly wait to see what God has in store for us! As I type this....I hear in the background nothing but laughter....my heart is smiling!

Amy Hayward

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, Your comment about hearing laughter made me smile and cry at the same time. I know how my girls love to laugh and I can just imagine the fun time you are all having getting to know one another.
    We questioned why they were on separate flights, but as soon as I met Megan and found out her career goals (same as Beth's!!) I knew that it wasn't an accident that she was on that flight. Warmed my heart and I'm sure Karen's (her mom)and Brenda's to see them all right there together in the picture!! My husband and Beth---even Anna---have worked with Brenda for years.
    God Bless you all as this day begins! Love and Prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete